Thursday, August 1, 2013

Clock Numbers

 I've been using these clock numbers in my classroom. I moved rooms this summer and have noticed that there is no clock in my new room.  Really? Once I get that hashed out, I have to reprint these and post them around my clock. I have to say, my third graders found these very helpful. I never even discussed them during the first few months of school, but even during that time, don't you know they started mentioning them to me? "Hey, Mrs. B...isn't it 10:15 right now?" or "Ohhhh, I see....that's like 4 fives, look, it's like counting by fives!" Stuff like that.

These aren't fancy, but they looked nice copied on astro bright papers, and you can get them for free by clicking here on Free Clock Numbers (PDF)  The file includes the numbers :00 to :60 and word cards for "quarter after", "half past", "quarter until", and "O'Clock"


No comments:

Post a Comment